A recent report reveals a massive 667% increase in spear-phishing attacks due to the current pandemic, with over 9000 phishing attack campaigns, related to COVID-19, being detected in March versus just over 1100 in February and only 137 in January. These attacks are taking on all forms including; brand impersonation, business email compromise, scams and even blackmail. *
Organisations like yours have asked traditional office-based employees to work from home. The potential for cyber criminals to get your users to react to these types of spear-phishing attacks is high due to the coronavirus theme being exploited and all organisations need to ensure their users remain vigilant.
Is your newly formed remote workforce armed with the knowledge to keep themselves and your network safe? Watch our webinar below and learn:
- About the tactics the bad guys are using now to exploit COVID-19
- Why remote workers are an easy target for cyber criminals
- How to enable your last line of defence with tools and training
- Why security awareness training is critical within your security strategy
Now more than ever Security Awareness Training is vital for your remote employees and your network.
* Source: Barracuda Sentinel [https://blog.barracuda.com/2020/03/26/threat-spotlight-coronavirus-related-phishing/]