The team @networkutils had a great 2 days at last week’s IPEXPO having lots of really positive conversations. A big thank you to everyone who visited us and our partners Juniper Networks on stand F63 throughout the show.
We were delighted by the response to our SRX prize draw and as a result Juniper Networks have made 2 more available. The 3 lucky winners are:
- Ceallaigh Dee – ICT Manager from EveryChild
- Arthur Moseley – Chief Network Officer from Big Lottery Fund
- Phil Williams – Network Analyst from Oxford Brookes University
Phil Williams commented:
We are very happy to accept this prize! The SRX100 will prove invaluable to us for development and testing of configurations prior to deployment on our live systems as it has the advantage of using the same scalable JunOs as they employ – Thanks!
For those of you who visited us on stand and who have requested a follow up members of the team will be in touch with you directly, in the meantime you may be interested in visiting our Juniper product centre here.
So what were people talking about at IP EXPO?
Unsurprisingly BYOD was a big talking point for many of the visitors to our stand last week. Many of you had concerns about the following:
- how to provide mobile network users seamless access to corporate resources
- how to manage a variety of mobile devices securely & centrally
- how to successfully fulfill user demands for 24/7 wireless connectivity
- how to securely authenticate guest & employee owned mobile devices on your wireless network
- how to manage the admin / IT overhead when providing network access to your users & guests
- how to prevent leakage of corporate data, network contamination and lost devices.
Some of your concerns were addressed in Gilles Trachel, Enterprise Solutions Marketing, EMEA at Juniper Networks’ session on B.Y.O.D without the R.I.S.K. You may be interested in downloading the accompanying whitepaper here. We will shortly be posting our latest video blog here where we will put some of your BYOD questions to our technical experts, so do please watch out for that.
You can also sign up for our latest webinar at 11am on Wednesday 7th November: Your BYOD Policy Part 1: Provisioning & Security. This is the 1st in our series of 4 webinars covering the Juniper ‘Simply Connected Story, please keep an eye out for details of parts 2 ,3 & 4 which cover, Performance, Reliability & Management.
We hope those of you who visited the show enjoyed it, we look forward to seeing you again next year!